Thursday, September 25, 2014
സാബുവിന്റെ കാലിനടിയിലെ മണ്ണ് ഒലിച്ചു പോകുന്നു.
സ്വന്തം അങ്കിളിന്റെ താളത്തിനു അനുസരിച്ച് തുള്ളുന്ന സാബുവിന്റെ കാലിനടിയിലെ മണ്ണ് ഒളിച്ചു പോകുന്നു. ഇത്രയും നാള് സ്വന്തം പീ ആര് ഓ ആയി പ്രവര്ത്തിച്ച ഡൊമിനിക്ക് ചക്കൊനാല് സമരം പിന് വലിക്കണം എന്ന്പബ്ലിക് ആയി ആവശ്യപെട്ടതോടെ നാളെ മുതല് നടക്കുവാന് പോകുന്ന സമരത്തിനു വന് തിരിച്ചടികിട്ടും എന്നുറപ്പായി കഴിഞ്ഞു. ഇതാ ഡൊമിനിക്കിന്റെ ഈമെയില്
Dear KCCNA NC members,
Many called me to clarify my stand on the hunger strike initiated by KCCNA. It is true I supported Sabu Chemmalakuzhy from the beginning and still support him in his earnest desire to get our churches ecclesiastically independent and continue the same statesco of Kottayom which is our ultimate goal. Endogamy is the fundamental & the corner stone of our community’s existence. I am not compromising nor negotiating on this principle value. But it is something we need to practice by ourselves not given by someone.
1. For the First time all three Bishops has come together and signed a document regarding the membership of our church. Though it is still short of what we expected still it is a major step forward for our independent ecclesiastical existence. Atlanta Action Council under the inspirational leadership of Sabu Chemmalakuzhy has achieved its initial objective of bringing our problems & issues to the notice of hierarchical church.
2. I believe, only through meaningful dialogue with church leaders we can achieve our ultimate goal of being an ecclesiastically independent church. So we need not antagonize our church leaders but take them at our side, diplomatically but firmly achieve our goal together.
3. It is true that only after calling for hunger strike and many protests the Syro Hirarchy is awakened and responded. Now they are shaken and aware that we Knanaites are not cows that eat grass, but capable of defending and protecting our identity & rights at any cost.
4. KCCNA is supposed to be uniting the community and church. The decision of hunger strike was NOT in consultation with NC members. The present KCCNA Executive board should not be succumbed to the petty politics of few Maoist mentality people and take the rest of the community for a ride. Some of them use ENDOGAMY for their survival, hide their draw backs and to win the elections.
5. KCCNA’s support to our Action Council initiatives is appreciated. Only because of their support and calling for the Hunger strike, lead to all these present developments. Now the hunger strike has already bearing fruit to certain extent, I am of the opinion that KCCNA and Church should have a meeting, with an aim to CALL OFF the proposed strike.